Stacey Bendet has donned another eye-catching outfit for day two of Sun Valley – joining Apple CEO Tim Cook and Shari Redstone at the exclusive event.
The Chief Executive Officer of Alice and Olivia, 44, gleamed at the ‘billionaire summer camp’, the annual Allen & Co summer conference that brings together industry titans from across the planet.
The annual event in Idaho is known for hosting high profile business deals, or at least being the site of the conversations that started them.
Meetings happen behind closed doors, with journalists barred from attending.
Among the moguls spotted in attendance this year are embattled Disney CEO Bob Iger, Apple boss Tim Cook, and OpenAI founder Sam Altman.
Stacey Bendet has donned another eye-catching outfit for day two of Sun Valley – joining Apple CEO Tim Cook and Shari Redstone at the exclusive event
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, walks with fellow attendees as they leave a morning session
Robert Kraft, CEO of the New England Patriots, and Roger Goodell, Commissioner of the NFL, walk to lunch at the Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference
Shari Ellin Redstone, President of National Amusements, walks to a morning session
Robert Kraft, CEO of the New England Patriots, and Roger Goodell, Commissioner of the NFL, were seen walking to lunch together at during the conference on Wednesday.
Fashion mogul François-Henri Pinault was also seen at Sun Valley yesterday.
Mike Bloomberg, former Mayor of New York and CEO of Bloomberg L.P., was snapped leaving a morning session.
And Sheryl Sandberg – the former COO of Meta – smiled as she was pictured walking from one of the workshops with her husband Tom Bernthal.
Bernthal is the CEO of a strategic consulting agency, Kelton Global, and former NBC News producer.
But this year’s celebration is expected to be marred by an ongoing writers’ strike and the rise of artificial intelligence and streaming services.
One of the storylines on show this week comes from Disney chief Bob Iger, whose contract has now been extended to 2026.
Iger was seen walking to lunch on Wednesday wearing aviator sunglasses and a long sleeved white t shirt.
Another hot button issue at the summit is also reportedly a recent federal court ruling in favor of Activision Blizzard Inc. CEO Bobby Kotick, which aided his company’s $69 billion sale to Microsoft, according to Bloomberg.
Stacey Bendet looked great in a red, black and white number on July 11
Fashion mogul François-Henri Pinault is a French businessman, the chairman and CEO of Kering since 2005, and president of Groupe Artémis since 2003
Fashion designer Stacey Bendet walks with fellow attendees as they leave a morning session at the Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference on July 12
Mike Bloomberg, former Mayor of New York and CEO of Bloomberg L.P., leaves a morning session at the conference
Bob Iger, CEO of Disney, walks to lunch wearing aviator sunglasses
Both Kotick and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella are known to regularly attend the annual billionaire’s get-together.
And with Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav in attendance, eyes will be peeled on discussions about the future of embattled news network CNN.
Over in the tech industry, meanwhile, leaders are expected to meet with US Commerce Sec. Gina Raimondo to discuss the $52billion US Chips and Science Act, which is aimed at shoring up advanced domestic semiconductor manufacturing, a person familiar with the matter told Bloomberg.
And they are likely to discuss the ongoing negotiations to create a new Indo-Pacific trade agreement to replace the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which former President Donald Trump disbanded in 2017.
An initial version of the agreement would have effectively stymied member countries’ efforts to regulate tech companies including on topics like market dominance and privacy.
Tech executives have also been lobbying government officials in recent months to ensure that their interests are represented in the new agreement designed to curb China’s influence in Asia.
Casey Wasserman, Chair of the Wasserman Media Group, Adam Silver, Commissioner of the NBA, and Jenny Chandler
Sheryl Sandberg – the former COO of Meta – and her husband Tom Bernthal. He is the CEO of a strategic consulting agency, Kelton Global, and former NBC News producer
Marc Benioff, Chief Executive Officer of Salesforce, beams in a cowboy hat during the get-together
Sam Altman (right), CEO of OpenAI, and Ollie Mulherin, Australian software engineer, walk from lunch after enjoying morning sessions at the conference
Bob Bakish, President of Paramount Global, David Begnaud, television correspondent, and Jeremy Tardo are spotted on Wednesday
‘We have very publicly advocated for the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework to include strong digital trade provisions that ensure digital technologies are widely accessible, and that support privacy, security and trust in cross-border data flows,’ Google spokesman Jose Castanada admitted.
The tech giants say that the new agreement should include many of the same provisions as the one between the United States, Canada and Mexico, which they say support typical trade priorities like protecting American companies.
‘This is not about helping the largest firms or benefitting technology companies, but rather ensuring a regulatory environment among key trading partners that empowers a wide variety of businesses, as most rely on digital services and tools to compete globally,’ Jonathan McHale, the vice president of digital trade for Computer and Communications Associations, told Bloomberg.
The trade group counts Amazon.com Inc, Google and Meta Platforms Inc. as members.
Negotiations between representatives of the 14 countries that would be included in the agreement are ongoing in South Korea.
Everyone invited to the annual billionaire summer camp
DailyMail.com has compiled a list of everyone invited to the annual Allen & Co summer conference.
They include from the tech industry:
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Meta
- Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple
- Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft
- Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft
- Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI
- Reid Hoffman, cofounder of LinkedIn
From the media industry:
- Rupert Murdoch, executive chairman of News Corp
- David Zaslav, CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery
- Shari Redstone, chairwoman of Paramount Global
- Bob Iger, CEO of Walt Disney Company
- Dana Walden, co-chairman of Disney Entertainment
- Reed Hastings, chairman of Netflix
- Ted Sarandos, co-CEO of Netflix
- Greg Peters, co-CEO of Netflix
- Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard
- Casey Wasserman, CEO of Wasserman Media Group
- Bryan Lourd, co-chairman of Creative Artists Agency
- Brian Grazer, film and television producer
- Josh Berger, founder and chairman of Battersea Entertainment
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation
From the finance industry:
- Warren Buffett, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway
- Kenneth Chenault, former CEO of American Express
- Bob Mylod, founder of Annox Capital Management
- Peter Thiel, cofounder of PayPal, Palantir and Founders Fund
From the sports industry:
- Rob Manfred, MLB commissioner
- Jay Monahan, PGA Tour commissioner
- Roger Goodell, NFL commissioner
- Adam Silver, NBA commissioner
- Robert Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots
- Terry Pegula, owner of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres
From the news media:
- Oprah Winfrey, host of the Oprah Winfrey Show
- Andrew Ross Sorkin, columnist for the New York Times
- Gayle King, co-host of CBS Mornings
- David Begnaud, lead national correspondent for CBS Mornings.
- Van Jones, CNN contributor
- Erin Burnett, anchor of Erin Burnett OutFront on CNN
- David Ignatius, columnist for The Washington Post
- Bari Weiss, founder of The Free Press
- Becky Quick, co-anchorwoman of CNBC’s Squawk Box
- Lawrence Summers, former treasury secretary (1999 to 2001)
- Hank Paulson, former treasury secretary (2006 to 2009)
- Mario Draghi, former Italian Prime Minister
- David Petraeus, former CIA chief
- Amos Yadlin, former Israel Defense Forces military attaché to Washington, D.C. and head of the IDF Military Intelligence Directorate
- Yousef Al Otaiba, the United Arab Emirates ambassador to the United State
- Karim Sadjadpour, an Iranian-American policy analyst at the Carnegie Endowment
- Martin Indyk, former U.S. ambassador to Israel
- Wes Moore, governor of Maryland
- Hamdi Ulukaya, founder of yogurt maker Chobani
- Danny Meyer, founder and chairman of Shake Shack