Does the two minute viral massage trick actually work? Ingrid Galloway weighs in
Does the viral two-minute sleep trick REALLY work? Expert massage practitioner weighs in on the ‘wrist-rubbing’ trend sweeping the globe
- A massage therapist says the TikTok sleep massage trend could work for many
- She says the spot on the wrist is often used in Chinese medicine for relaxation
- The Younger You Doc has revealed how to guarantee you fall to sleep in minutes
- He said all it takes is a simple massage for him to drop off in under three minutes
- He also revealed tips on relieving stress and having better movement
A massage therapist has weighed in on the viral TikTok video that claims rubbing your wrists at bed time can help you fall to sleep.
The trick involves finding the spot on the inside of your wrist and rubbing in a circular moment for two or three minutes until you fall to sleep.
Speaking to FEMAIL Ingrid Galloway from Blys said the trick, made popular by Younger You Doc, could work.
‘There is no harm in trying it,’ she said. ‘This spot on your wrist is called the Heart 7 Point (HT7), which helps calm the mind.’
Massage therapist Ingrid Galloway says the trick could work and ‘won’t hurt’. The hack involves rubbing your wrist for two to three minutes
‘Acupuncturists use it as one of their acupoints, so it could help calm your mind when you’re massaging it.’
In traditional Chinese medicine the name of the pressure point is called Shenmen, which translates to ‘gate of the spirit’.
It is used to help treat conditions like insomnia, stress, anxiety, and irritability but the trick isn’t as likely to work for chronic insomniacs.
‘Chronic insomniacs need to fully relax, need to prepare their environment, and allow their body to be receptive to sleep,’ she said.
What does a good sleep hygiene routine look like?
· Sticking to regular sleep patterns
· Staying in bed for no more than 8.5 hours
· Relaxing before bed
· Creating a comfortable environment
· Not using electronics in your bedroom
· Avoiding naps during the day
· Avoiding looking at the time if you can’t sleep
· Avoiding alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes
· Avoiding sleeping pills
· Seeking proper treatment if required
Source: Health Direct
A good sleep hygiene routine is the best way to guarantee a restful sleep.
‘I don’t think rubbing their wrist for two minutes will do it as a standalone remedy.’
The trick has gone viral since the TikTok ‘doctor’ shared it last week.
The Younger You Doc has revealed his top sleep hack and says it works in less than three minutes
‘All you have to do is rub that spot on your wrist for two to three minutes,’ he said, demonstrating.
Using two fingers the doctor took to his pulse point with a circular motion and demonstrated it’s effectiveness by ‘falling asleep instantly’.
The video also revealed tricks on increasing mobility and decreasing stress.
He also revealed that an ice pack to the chest relieves stress and rubbing your jaw helps with mobility
He explains rubbing your jaw in a circular motion can improve your mobility and demonstrated this in a stretch.
To combat stress he recommends an icepack to the chest which ‘stimulates the vagus nerve’ forcing the body to relax.
The doctor has over 80000 followers on the video sharing platform.
His aim is to help professionals look and feel like younger versions of themselves.